Windows 10 is Microsoft’s most recent operating system, and it has been plagued with problems since its release. The main problem seems to be that the automatic update feature for Windows 10 is not working properly.
The windows 10 update crashes my computer 2021 is a problem that many Windows 10 users have been experiencing. Microsoft has released a fix for the issue, but it does not seem to be working.
Madalina has been a Windows user since she initially installed Windows XP on her computer. She is fascinated by all things technological, particularly upcoming technologies such as artificial intelligence and DNA computing.
20th of October, 2021
Originally published in August 2018
- It’s critical to keep your Windows 10 PC up to date. As a result, having updates downloaded and deployed automatically makes system maintenance considerably simpler.
- If automated updates get stuck or fail to install, the most frequent solutions are to run the troubleshooter, make sure there is adequate disk space, or check your security software.
- Keeping your Windows up to date is one of the most highly suggested best practices. The following one typically revolves on the use of an antivirus program. Fortunately, we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of the finest antivirus software available.
- We believe that having a single location for all Windows 10 problems may be very beneficial. Take a look at it.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Windows 10 will automatically install any missing updates, however you may have issues with automatic updates on your PC. Because these issues may make your system insecure, we’ll teach you how to repair them immediately.
How can you solve automatic update issues in Windows 10?
Windows Update is an essential feature of Windows 10, but you may run into issues with automated updates from time to time. Here are some of the most frequent difficulties that customers have reported:
- Windows Update is not functioning properly. Windows 10 is a new operating system from Microsoft. This is a frequent issue with Windows 10, and it’s generally caused by your antivirus, so make sure it’s turned off.
- Error with automatic updates in Windows 10 – On Windows 10, a variety of automatic update problems may occur; if this happens, just launch the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- The automated update for Windows 10 is stalled and takes long – If waiting for the update procedure to complete doesn’t help, you may always unplug the external storage.
- The automatic update service is not currently active – This problem may arise if a problem with Windows Update components exists; however, the problem can be resolved by simply restarting the required components.
Change the Windows Update settings as the first solution.
- Open the Settings app on your phone. By using the Windows Key + I shortcut, you may accomplish this fast.
- Go to the Update & Security section of the Settings app when it opens.
- Select Advanced from the drop-down menu.
- Disable it now. When I choose the Update Windows option, give me updates for additional Microsoft products.
- Scroll down to the section on Delivery Optimization.
- Disable the option to allow downloads from other PCs.
If you’re experiencing issues with automatic updates in Windows 10, you may be able to solve them by tweaking the Windows Update settings. Check whether the issues with automatic updates have been addressed after making these modifications.
Solution 2: Make sure your antivirus software is up to date.
The most frequent problem with automated updates, according to users, is your antivirus program. Antivirus software may sometimes interact with your PC and create issues with Windows Update.
To resolve the issue, try disabling specific antivirus functions and seeing if it helps. If it doesn’t work, the next step is to turn off your antivirus completely. In the worst-case situation, you may have to uninstall your antivirus software.
If uninstalling the antivirus resolves the problem, you may want to explore switching to a different security program that provides maximum protection with minimizing system interference.
Solution 3 – Make some room
- Enter disk cleaning by pressing Windows Key + S. From the list of options, choose Disk Cleanup.
- Click OK after selecting your system drive.
- Your drive will now be scanned by Disk Cleanup. Do not interrupt this process since it may take a few seconds.
- You’ll see a list of files when the Disk Cleanup window appears. Click OK after selecting the files you wish to delete.
Automatic update problems may arise owing to a shortage of space on your computer; to resolve this, free up some space on your system disk. The upgrades demand that you have at least 20GB of free space on your system disk, and if you don’t, you’ll need to clear it up as stated above.
The chosen files will now be removed by the program, and you will have successfully freed up some space. You may also utilize third-party programs to clear up additional space on your PC if you don’t like Disk Cleanup.
Try installing Windows Updates again once you’ve freed up some space.
Disconnect USB storage devices (solution 4)
Many users save their data on portable hard drives and other USB storage devices, however these devices may occasionally interfere with Windows Update and create problems with automated upgrades.
To resolve this issue, unplug any external storage devices from your computer and see if this resolves the issue.
Solution 5: Run the troubleshooter for Windows Update.
To find possible problems, run a System Scan.
To detect Windows problems, click Start Scan.
To solve problems with Patented Technologies, click Repair All.
To identify faults causing security issues and slowdowns, do a PC Scan using Restoro Repair Tool. The repair procedure will replace damaged files with new Windows files and components once the scan is completed.
If you’re having issues with automatic updates, the easiest method to repair them, according to users, is to run the Windows Update troubleshooter. Windows has a number of built-in troubleshooters that may help with common issues, and if you’re having issues with Windows Updates, try the following:
- Go to the Update & Security section of the Settings app.
- From the left pane, choose Troubleshoot. Click the Run the troubleshooter button after selecting Windows Update from the list.
The troubleshooter will now launch and attempt to automatically resolve the issues. Once the troubleshooter has completed, check to see whether the issue has been addressed.
Reset Windows Update components (solution 6)
Because some Windows Update components aren’t functioning correctly, issues with automated updates may arise. You may, however, correct this by resetting them. There are many methods to do this, but the command line is the quickest. Simply follow these procedures to do so:
- To access the Win + X menu, press Windows Key + X. From the selection, choose Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin).
- When the Command Prompt window appears, type the following commands one by one:
- wuauserv wuauserv wuauserv wuauserv
- cryptSvc should be stopped on the network.
- halt bits on the internet
- net msiserver halt
- WindowsSoftwareDistribution: Ren C SoftwareDistribution.old
- C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old Ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
- wuauserv wuauserv wuauserv wuauserv
- start cryptSvc.net
- start bits on the internet
- start msiserver with net
The Windows Update components will be reset once you execute all of these instructions, and the problem should be fixed.
Solution 7: Turn off your proxy server.
Many people use proxies to preserve their online anonymity, however your proxy may occasionally interfere with your Internet connection and create automatic update issues. You may simply resolve this problem by deactivating your proxy. This is very simple to do, and you may do so by following the instructions below:
- Open the Settings app on your phone. Select Network & Internet from the drop-down menu.
- In the left pane, choose Proxy. Disable all options in the right pane.
After that, the proxy on your PC should be fully deactivated, and any issues with automated updates should be addressed. If you still have concerns about your privacy, we recommend utilizing VPN software.
Solution 8 – Manually download the missing update
If you’re experiencing trouble with automatic updates, you may be able to get around them by manually downloading and installing the missing updates. All Windows updates are available for free download from Microsoft Catalog.
You’ll need to know the update code before you can download the missing update. The updated code is typically found in the Windows Update section and begins with KB and is followed by an array of digits. Once you’ve located the new code, you may download it by following these steps:
- Enter the update code in the search box on the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- You should now see a list of updates that match. Select the update that is compatible with your PC’s architecture and click the Download button.
- Wait for the update to finish downloading. Run the setup file to install the update once the download is complete.
Keep in mind that although this approach may not solve the underlying issue with Windows Update, it will at the very least enable you to install the missing update.
Solution 9 – Upgrade your system while it’s still running.
If previous methods have failed to resolve your PC’s automatic update issues, you may need to conduct an in-place upgrade. This procedure will install the most recent version of Windows while preserving all of your data and programs. Follow these steps to conduct an in-place upgrade:
- Run the Media Creation Tool after downloading it.
- In the Windows Media Creation Tool, choose the Upgrade this PC immediately option.
- Wait for the setup to finish preparing the required files.
- Select Click Next after downloading and installing updates (recommended).
- The updates will now be downloaded by the setup. Be patient as this may take some time.
- After the updates have been downloaded, follow the on-screen instructions. Change what to keep when you get to the Ready to install page.
- Click Next after selecting Keep personal files and applications.
- To finish the setup, follow the directions on the screen.
You’ll have the newest version of Windows 10 after completing the in-place upgrade, and the issue with the automatic update should be resolved.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To resolve problems with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Windows 10 has been having a lot of problems with the automatic update feature. The windows 10 update problems 2020 is a problem that many users have been experiencing for a while now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Windows 10 Update is causing problems?
The Windows 10 April 2018 Update is causing problems.
Should I Update Windows 10 to 20H2?
I am not sure if it is possible to update Windows 10 to 20H2.
Why is my Windows 10 not updating automatically?
Windows 10 is a very complex operating system, and it takes time for the updates to be installed. There are many different factors that can cause this issue. You may need to manually update your computer or you may need to wait out the download process.
- latest windows 10 update problems 2021
- windows update problems today
- windows 10 update problems today
- windows 10 problems and solutions
- windows update repair tool